University of Aberdeen
|Telephone||+44 (0)1224 272260|
|Departments||School of Biological Sciences|
|Quadrat Core Themes||Biodiversity, Environmental Management|
Key Research Interests
- Biodiversity change in upland ecosystems
- Ecological impacts of land management, climate change and nitrogen deposition on plant communities
- Restoration ecology
- Conservation management of upland ecosystems
- Biotic homogenisation and thermophilisation
Recent Key Papers
- Ross, LC, Speed, JDM, Oien, D-I, Grygoruk, M, Hassell, K, Lyngstad, A & Moen, A (2019) Can mowing restore boreal rich-fen vegetation in the face of climate change? PloS ONE, vol. 14, no. 2, e0211272.
- Hester, AJ, Britton, AJ, Hewison, RL, Ross, LC & Potts, JM (2019) Long-term vegetation change in Scotland’s native forests. Biological Conservation, vol. 235, pp. 136-146.
- Ross, LC, Woodin, SJ, Hester, AJ, Thompson, DBA & Birks, HJB (2012) Biotic homogenization of upland vegetation: patterns and drivers at multiple scales over five decades. Journal of Vegetation Science, 23, 755-770.
Summary Title of Current Studentships
- Wildfire impacts on biodiversity and natural capital. 2019-2022