University of Aberdeen
Key Research Interests
• Animal behaviour under environmental change (e.g., climate change, habitat fragmentation)
• Sexual selection and sexual conflict
• Parental care and social interactions
• Mechanistic basis of behaviour
• Inbreeding depression
Recent Key Papers
- Pilakouta N, Hanlon EJH, Smiseth PT (2018) Biparental care is more than the sum of its parts: evidence for synergistic effects on offspring fitness. Proceedings of the Royal Society B 285:20180875.
- Pilakouta N, Smiseth PT (2016) Maternal effects alter the severity of inbreeding depression in the offspring. Proceedings of the Royal Society B 283:20161023.
- Pilakouta N, Jamieson S, Moorad JA, Smiseth PT (2015) Parental care buffers against inbreeding depression in burying beetles. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 112:8031–8035.