Please refer to our Funding and Eligibility information to ensure you are eligible to apply before beginning your application.
Applicants should identify a project of interest and are advised to contact the lead supervisor who can provide further information and advice about the project prior to applying. Please note, you can apply for a maximum of 2 QUADRAT projects per academic year. Detailed adverts are listed here.
Please watch: Introduction to QUADRAT recorded presentation
Please submit your application here: NOW CLOSED
DEADLINE: NOW CLOSED
Please read all the below information to ensure you submit a complete application.
Applications received after the deadline will NOT be considered. Additionally, incomplete applications will NOT be considered. All supporting documentation must be submitted by this date and will not be chased. When applying please ensure all required documents are sent via email as per the below instruction (see ‘your guide to applying’).
All candidates must submit their supporting documents (see below list) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: QUADRAT DTP PhD Application. We MUST receive all of your documents in time for the deadline otherwise your application will not be considered.
Please submit the following supporting documents via email:
- all degree certificates (please include Postgraduate qualifications if held)
- all degree transcripts (please include Postgraduate qualifications if held, & provisional transcripts for incomplete courses)
- a cover letter addressed to the lead supervisor
- CV (please include contact details for two referees)
- English Language Certificate if English is not your native language. This can be supplied at a later date if necessary. Please find more information on English requirements here for Aberdeen and here for Queen’s University Belfast.
- two academic references – after you have applied we will contact your referees with a reference request form. Please make sure you ask permission before listing referees. Referees should be academic.
After submitting your application, you may be contacted by the project supervisor(s) to discuss the project in more detail.
Please follow the below guidance when submitting your application(s):
- we will contact your referees as soon as possible after we receive your application:
- Please let your referees know that you have listed them as a referee and that we will be in touch shortly
- Please do not submit references, we only require you to submit referee names and contact email addresses
- We will contact your referees directly with a reference request form for them to complete
- all documents must be officially translated into English
- we cannot accept self-translated documents
- please only submit the requested documents
- all other submitted documents will be disregarded in fairness to other applicants
- please ensure that all of your documents are scanned/photographed in high resolution – all documents must be clear and legible
- a research proposal / statement of purpose is not required for QUADRAT DTP applications
- if applying for multiple projects please send one email containing all documentation
- you must supply a cover letter for each application but all other documents will be copied across to each application.
- please do not apply through the institutional application portal
- successful candidates will be asked to formally apply following interview
It is anticipated that shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview between Monday 28th February and Friday 4th March 2022.
Interviews will be conducted remotely via Microsoft Teams.
You will be asked to prepare a short presentation.