We are no longer accepting applications for entry 01 October 2021. The next recruitment cycle will begin in November 2021 for entry on 01 October 2022.
Please refer to our Funding and Eligibility information to ensure you are eligible to apply before beginning your application.
Applicants should identify a project of interest and are advised to contact the lead supervisor who can provide further information and advice about the project prior to applying. Please note, you can submit a maximum of 3 QUADRAT applications per academic year. Detailed adverts are listed here.
To apply please follow the link below to submit your application. If your application is incomplete at the time of the deadline it will not be considered. We cannot chase missing documents.
Please watch: Introduction to QUADRAT recorded presentation
All candidates must submit their supporting documents (see below list) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: QUADRAT DTP PhD Application. We MUST receive all of your documents in time for the deadline otherwise your application will not be considered.
Please follow the below instructions:
- select the project title from the drop-down menu (submit one application form per project you wish to apply for, up to a maximum of 3)
- applications must be supported by:
- all degree certificates (please include Postgraduate qualifications if held, and provisional transcripts for incomplete courses)
- all degree transcripts (as above)
- a cover letter addressed to lead supervisor
- CV (please include contact details for two referees)
- English Language Certificate if English is not your mother tongue. This can be supplied at a later date if necessary. Please find more information on English requirements here for Aberdeen and here for Queen’s University Belfast.
- referees will only be contacted for those candidates invited to interview
- Please do not send references, only referee contact details.
- We will contact your referees directly with a form for them to complete.
- all documents must be officially translated in to English
- a research proposal / statement of purpose is not required for QUADRAT DTP applications
- please do not apply through the institutional application portal
- successful candidates will be asked to formally apply following interview
After submitting your application, you may be contacted by the project supervisor(s) to discuss the project in more detail.
DEADLINE: NOW CLOSED
Applications received after the deadline will NOT be considered. Additionally, incomplete applications will NOT be considered. All supporting documentation must be submitted by this date. When applying please ensure all required documents are sent via email as per the above instruction.
It is anticipated that shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview between Monday 1st and Friday 5th March 2021.
Interviews will be conducted remotely via Microsoft Teams.