There are three QUADRAT DTP studentships remaining for entry on 01 October 2021.
Deadline: 23.59 (UK time) on Wednesday 16th June 2021.
Queen's University, Belfast
School of Natural and Built Environment
- Air Quality and Environmental Impact on Human Health
- Development of artificial reefs: design, scientific monitoring, environment impact and management in North/Irish Seas
- Properties of Glacial Tills: Engineering, Environmental and Glaciological Applications
- Quantifying kelp detrital pathways: what is potentially locked away as Blue Carbon? (CASE)
- Repurposing fibre reinforced plastic (FRP) composite waste for marine renewable energy
University of Aberdeen
School of Geosciences
- Mapping and measuring glacier mass balance: developing a best practice approach for understanding glacier change.
- Monitoring environmental change with ambient seismic noise
- Quenching the thirst at the foot of the giants: the effect of climate change on glacier-derived water resources in high mountain regions
- Sustainable Resilience to Coastal Erosion: A Demonstration Project of an Innovative System for Erosion Mitigation for Coastal Golf Courses (CASE)
- The Low Enthalpy Geothermal Potential of Shallow Aquifers in Northern Ireland and Northern Scotland
- The role of ocean currents in the dispersal and sequestration of plastics in the deep ocean
- Towards an integrated workflow for geothermal reservoir characterisation with seismic noise
- Understanding social values on low carbon sub-surface technologies in Scotland and Northern Ireland