University of Aberdeen
Key Research Interests
- Clastic sedimentology and stratigraphy
- Geothermal energy form shallow aquifers
- Evolution of the Central Andes
- Application of geomorphology to the rock record
- Using sedimentology to reconstruct changes in paleoclimate
Recent Key Papers
- Hartley, A., Kurjanski, B., Pugsley, J. H. & Armstrong, J. G. Ice-Rafting in Lakes in the early Neoproterozoic: dropstones in the Diabaig Formation, Torridon Group, NW Scotland. May 2020, Scottish Journal of Geology. 56, 1, 47-53 7 p.
- Butler, R. W. H., Pinter, P. R., Maniscalco, R. & Hartley, A. J. Deep-water sand-fairway mapping as a tool for tectonic restoration: decoding Miocene central Mediterranean palaeogeography using the Numidian turbidites of southern Italy. Jul 2020,Journal of the Geological Society . 177, 4, 766-783 18 p.
- Evenstar, L. A., Mather, A. E. & Hartley, A. J. Using spatial patterns of fluvial incision to constrain continental-scale uplift in the Andes. Mar 2020,Global and Planetary Change. 186, 103119.
Summary Title of Current Studentships
- The Low Enthalpy Geothermal Potential of Shallow Aquifers in Northern Ireland and Northern Scotland