Queen's University, Belfast
Key Research Interests
- Valuation of ecosystem services
- Society’s preferences, attitudes, willingness to pay for environmental goods and services
- Management of non-native invasive species
- Applied econometrics
- GIS analysis
Recent Key Papers
- Mohan, G., Longo, A., Kee., F. (2018) “The effect of area based urban regeneration policies on fuel poverty: evidence from a natural experiment in Northern Ireland” Energy Policy, 114:609-618.
- Longo, A., and Campbell, D. (2017) “The determinants of brownfields redevelopment in England”, Environmental and Resource Economics, 67:261–283, available at http://rdcu.be/tqck
- Tagliafierro C., Boeri M., Longo, A., Hutchinson, G. (2016) “Stated preference methods and landscape ecology indicators: An example of transdisciplinarity in landscape economic valuation”, Ecological Economics, 127, 11-22.
Summary Title of Current Studentships
- Marios Zachariou, PhD candidate, “Valuing the ecosystem services of green infrastructures for making life better at Musgrave Park Hospital”