Queen's University, Belfast
Key Research Interests
- Seismic geomorphology/marine geology and geophysics
- Glacial geomorphology and glaciology
- High latitude and altitude environmental change
- Carbon capture, storage and fluid flow
- Climate change
Recent Key Papers
- Newton, A.M.W., Huuse, M., and Brocklehurst, S.H. (2018), A persistent Norwegian Atlantic Current through the Pleistocene glaciations, Geophysical Research Letters, 45: 5599-5608.
- Rea, B.R., Newton, A.M.W., Harding, R., Lamb, R.M., M., Bigg, G.R., Spagnolo, M., Huuse, Brocklehurst, S.H., Rose, P., Buckley, F., Cater, J., Archer, S., Halliyeva, M., Basell, J., Howell, J., and Cornwell, D. (2018), An Early Pleistocene record of extensive and repeated marine-based glaciation on the NW European margin, Science Advances, 4:eaar8327.
- Newton, A.M.W., Huuse, M., and Brocklehurst, S.H. (2016), Buried iceberg scours reveal reduced North Atlantic Current during the stage 12 deglacial, Nature Communications, 7:10927.
Summary Title of Current Studentships
- Climate Change, glacier fluctuations and freshwater availability in Northern India
- QUADRAT DTP: Sedimentary Records of the Evolution of the Melville Bugt Ice Stream