Queen's University, Belfast
Key Research Interests
- Microbial Biodiversity
- Computational Biology
- Phylogenetics and Evolution
- Metagenomics / Metatranscriptomics
- Microbial ecology
Recent Key Papers
- Samuel M Nicholls, Wayne Aubrey, Kurt De Grave, Leander Schietgat, Christopher J Creevey, Amanda Clare, On the complexity of haplotyping a microbial community, Bioinformatics, btaa977, https://doi.org/10.1093/bioinformatics/btaa977
- Seshadri, R., Leahy, S.C., Attwood, G.T., Teh, K.H., Lambie, S.C., Cookson, A.L., Eloe-Fadrosh, E.A., Pavlopoulos, G.A., Hadjithomas, M., Varghese, N.J. and Paez-Espino, D., 2018. Cultivation and sequencing of rumen microbiome members from the Hungate1000 Collection. Nature biotechnology, 36(4), p.359.
- Rubino, F., Carberry, C., Waters, S.M., Kenny, D., McCabe, M.S. and Creevey, C.J., 2017. Divergent functional isoforms drive niche specialisation for nutrient acquisition and use in rumen microbiome. The ISME journal, 11(4), pp.932-944.
Summary Title of Current Studentships
- Investigating the relationship between soil microbiome diversity and resilience to stressors caused by a changing climate
- Ecological and evolutionary processes associated with environmental change in microbial populations
- Biodiversity of the gut microbiome and their links with growth, reproduction and ageing in a wild bird
- Increasing culture biodiversity and eco-evolutionary understanding of novel bacterial isolates using culturonmics and computational tools