University of Aberdeen
|Current Position||Lecturer in Global Hydrology and Water Security|
|Previous Position||Researcher, Estación Experimental de Aula - CSIC, Spain|
|Departments||School of Geosciences|
|Quadrat Core Themes||Earth Systems|
|Methods I Use||Modelling|
Key Research Interests
- Evaluation and prospective of water resources in mountain areas under climate change
- Decision support systems for water resources management.
- River basin scale drought risk
- Agricultural water management and climate adaptation
- Potential applications of artificial intelligence to water resources operation, planning, and management
Recent Key Papers
- Haro-Monteagudo, D., Palazón, L., & Beguería, S. (2020). Long-term sustainability of large water resource systems under climate change: A cascade modeling approach. Journal of Hydrology, 582, 124546.
- Clarke, D., Hess, T. M., Haro-Monteagudo, D., Semenov, M. A., & Knox, J. W. (2021). Assessing future drought risks and wheat yield losses in England. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 297, 108248.
- Knox, J. W., Haro‐Monteagudo, D., Hess, T. M., & Morris, J. (2018). Identifying Trade‐Offs and Reconciling Competing Demands for Water: Integrating Agriculture Into a Robust Decision‐Making Framework. Earth’s Future, 6(10), 1457-1470.