University of Aberdeen
Key Research Interests
- Deep time plant species and ecosystem responses to large scale volcanic, extra terrestrial impacts & earth system forcing
- Rates and scales of plant and environment responses to rapid climate change events in earth history
Recent Key Papers
- Jolley, D.W., Gilmour, I, Gilmour M., Kemp D.B. & Kelley S.P., 2015. Long term resilience decline in plant ecosystems across the Danian Dan-C2 hyperthermal event, Boltysh crater, Ukraine. Journal of the Geological Society, London, 172, 491-498.
- McArthur, A. D., Jolley, D. W., Hartley, A. J., Archer, S. G. & Lawrence, H. M. 2016 .Palaeoecology of syn-rift topography: A Late Jurassic footwall island on the Josephine Ridge, Central Graben, North Sea: Palaeogeography Palaeoclimatology Palaeoecology. 459, p. 63-75 13
- Jolley, D.W., Daly, R.J., Ebinghaus, A., Kemp, D., Gilmour, I., Mac Niocaill, C. & Kelley, S.P. 2017. Centennial to decadal vegetation community changes linked to orbital and solar forcing during the Dan-C2 hyperthermal event. Geological Society of London 176, 1019-1030.
Summary Title of Current Studentships
- Building an analytical biofacies-lithofacies depositional model for the interpretation of subsurface fluvial and deltaic successions.
- Dryland depositional systems and stratigraphy of the Northern North Sea Triassic.
- Constraining the influence of polar glaciation on Jurassic/Cretaceous marine algal communities, Arctic Canada.
- Evidence for global marine anoxia in the Cretaceous rocks of the Benue Trough, Nigeria
- Uncoupling tectonic, volcanic and climate forcing controls on savannah and forest evolution, East African Rift, Kenya.