Queen's University, Belfast
Key Research Interests
- Chalcolithic, Bronze and Iron Age archaeology of Europe and the Mediterranean
- World Prehistory
- Dating and Chronology
- Artefact Studies
- Archaeometry of inorganic materials
Recent Key Papers
- Michał Krueger, Dirk Brandherm, Marta Krueger, Przemysław Niedzielski 2021. Archaeometric analysis of Late Bronze Age and Early Iron Age pottery from Setefilla (SW Spain). Mediterranean Archaeology and Archaeometry 21 (1), 21-36.
- D Brandherm, C McSparron, L Boutoille 2020. Excavation of Late Bronze Age roundhouses at Knocknashee, Co. Sligo – Preliminary results from the 2017 campaign. Emania 25, 152-162.
- Miljana Radivojević, Benjamin W Roberts, Ernst Pernicka, Zofia Stos-Gale, Marcos Martinón-Torres, Thilo Rehren, Peter Bray, Dirk Brandherm, Johan Ling, Jianjun Mei, Helle Vandkilde, Kristian Kristiansen, Stephen J Shennan, Cyprian Broodbank 2019. The provenance, use, and circulation of metals in the European Bronze Age: the state of debate. Journal of Archaeological Research 27, 131-185.
Summary Title of Current Studentships
- QUADRAT DTP student, Cherie Edwards: The dynamics of Bronze Age upland settlement in Ireland and northern Britain in a comparative perspective