Queen's University, Belfast
Key Research Interests
- composite materials for constructions (FRCM, FRP)
- shape memory alloys (SMAs) for civil engineering applications
- seismic and impact resistant structures
- strengthening of existing structures
- road safety barriers
Recent Key Papers
- D’Anna, J., Amato, G., Chen, J. F., Minafò, G., & La Mendola, L. (2019). On the use of Digital Image Correlation (DIC) for evaluating the tensile behaviour of BFRCM strips. In Key Engineering Materials (Vol. 817, pp. 377-384). Trans Tech Publications Ltd.
- Minafò, G., D’Anna, J., La Mendola, L., Monaco, A., & Amato, G. (2017). Effect of FRP Wraps on the Compressive Behaviour of Slender Masonry Columns. In Key Engineering Materials (Vol. 747, pp. 85-92). Trans Tech Publications.
- Jing, D. H., Chen, J. F., Amato, G., Wu, T., & Cao, S. Y. (2018). Experimental investigation of masonry walls supported by steel plate-masonry composite beams. Steel and Composite Structures, 28(6), 709-
Summary Title of Current Studentships
- 3D printing concrete: mix composition role on rheological properties, mechanical performance, durability and structural behaviour
- Experimental investigation of basalt-fibre strengthening systems for confining masonry elements
- Heat Activated Prestressing of SMA Wires for Seismic Retrofitting of RC Beam-Column Joints