Queen's University, Belfast
Key Research Interests
- Research synthesis
- Animal Communication
- Animal behaviour in response to human-induced environmental changes
Recent Key Papers
- Kunc, Hansjoerg P., Kirsty Elizabeth McLaughlin, and Rouven Schmidt. “Aquatic noise pollution: implications for individuals, populations, and ecosystems.” Proceedings of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences283, no. 1836 (2016): 20160839.
- Kunc, Hansjoerg P., and Rouven Schmidt. “Species sensitivities to a global pollutant: A meta‐analysis on acoustic signals in response to anthropogenic noise.” Global change biology27, no. 3 (2021): 675-688.
- Kunc, Hansjoerg P., and Rouven Schmidt. “The effects of anthropogenic noise on animals: a meta-analysis.” Biology letters15, no. 11 (2019): 20190649.
Summary Title of Current Studentships
- QUADRAT DTP student, Emily Legge: The effect of changing soundscapes on trophic interactions