Queen's University, Belfast
Key Research Interests
- Identification and recognition of known and emerging threats within the entire food supply chain from “environment to farm to fork” and to determine their consequential effects
- Design of biosensor based screening methods, for the rapid remote detection of toxins, chemical contaminants and harmful organisms, as a tool to enhance food safety and sustainability
- Synthesising protein conjugates and developing in vivo and in vitro biorecognition elements (antibodies, phage, aptamers) for bioanalytical method development
- Rapid food safety monitoring and traceability for the benefit of both animal and human health but also with an outlook on increasing food security.
Summary Title of Current Studentships
- QUADRAT DTP student, Diana Senovilla Herrero: Next generation biosensing for environmental management