Queen's University, Belfast
|Previous Position||Researcher, Agricultural Economics & Policy (ETH Zurich)|
|Telephone||+44 (0) 2890972967|
|Departments||School of Biological Sciences|
|Quadrat Core Themes||Biodiversity, Environmental Management|
|Methods I Use||Modelling|
Key Research Interests
- Agricultural economics (decision making under risk, evaluation & design of agricultural policies, technology adoption)
- Climate change economics (climate change adapptation and mitigation in the agri-food sector) Sustainable value chains (with focus on the agri-food sector and wildlife)
- Economics of wildlife management and wildlife trade
- Applied Econometrics
Recent Key Papers
- Bozzola, M., E. Massetti, R. Mendelsohn and F. Capitanio. 2018. “A Ricardian Analysis of the Impact of Climate Change on Italian Agriculture.” European Review of Agricultural Economics 45 (1): 57-79.
- Bozzola, M., M. Smale and S. Di Falco. 2018. “Maize Intensification among Smallholder Farmers in Kenya: Understanding the Impacts of Climate”. Book Chapter in: “Agricultural Adaptation to Climate Change in Africa: Food Security in a Changing Environment.” RFF Press/Routledge, London and New York.
- Hanley, N., O. Sheremet, M. Bozzola and D. MacMillan. 2017. “The Allure of the Illegal: a choice modelling approach to understanding rhino horn consumption in Vietnam” Conservation Letters 11(3): 1-8.
Summary Title of Current Studentships
- Promoting Food and Nutrition Security through Sustainable Value Chains in the Agri-food Sector in Sub-Saharan Africa. Funding: DfE studentship.