Queen's University, Belfast
Key Research Interests
- Bio-Based Building Materials (3BM)
- Durability of civil engineering infrastructures (marine structures, sea defence, bridges, etc) and bio-deterioration of concrete
- High-performance underwater concrete and self-compacting concrete
- Low carbon sustainable concrete solutions which encapsulate industrial wastes and agro-wastes
- Ecological concrete based costal and marine infrastructure.
- Structural Health Monitoring and Design and Analysis of Experimental Programmes, Modelling using Artificial Neural Network, Genetic approach
Recent Key Papers
- Page, J., Sonebi, M., Amziane, S. “Design and multi-physical properties of a new hybrid hemp-flax composite material”, Construction and Materials Journal, Vol. 139, 2017, pp. 502-512.
- Amziane, S., Sonebi, M., “Overview on Biobased Building Material made with plant Aggregate”, RILEM Technical Letters, Vol. 1, 2016, pp. 31-38.
- Dal Lago, B., Taylor, S., Deegan, P., Ferrara, L., Sonebi, M., Crossett, P., Pattarini, A., “Full-scale testing and numerical analysis of a precast fibre reinforced self-compacting concrete slab pre-stressed with basalt fibre reinforced polymer bars”, Journal Composites Part B, Engineering, Vol. 128, July 2017, pp. 120-133.
Summary Title of Current Studentships
Development of carbon-neutral and energy efficient high performance bio-based building materials